We are always encouraged to find mentors to assist us in our own journey through life. Yet it is the unsung heroes that guide the way through their own deeds that often have the biggest impact on our lives. The ones we can admire and emulate from a distance. Who without even knowing about it, guide us on how we can do specific things better in life.You have made a list of your own superheroes, right?
Without even knowing about it, guide us on how we can do specific things better in life.
In crafting my own list of superheroes, I assigned aliases based on similar superpowers Marvel X-Men characters represent. Unbeknown to these individual of course. The reasoning behind the aliases is simple. The roles stay the same in your life, but the character that fulfils a particular role changes as you continue down your path. Below is my take on this.
- The thinker (Professor X): Individual who has the ability to inspire others to achieve tasks and goals that they might not otherwise be capable of reaching.
- The networker (Lockheed): Individual who's always ready to share information, give advice and connect people.
- The straight-forward one (Wolverine): Individual who says they're going to be straight forward with you. They will just say what they are feeling without dancing around it.
- The entrepreneur (Longshot): Individual with the ability to manipulate his environment, creating their own luck in life. Hates bosses, rules, authority and taxes.
- The listener (Banshee): Individual that is acts as a sounding board and who does so in an attentive manner.
Through identifying the individuals who fill these roles in our lives, we can actively enhance their own lives in return as a way of paying it forward. The idea being, that we should look after ourselves in life, but our focus should be the well-being of others. The simple fact is, the energy for attracting happiness in life is grounded in our DNA to selflessly aid others along the way.This might be as simple as creating a list of your superheroes's goals and interest, and assisting them connecting their own dots in life.
The questions is, are you consciously letting your own superpower shine bright enough that you are a superhero in someone's journey?