I came across a interesting person called Mark Ecko while looking for some content on the Skillshare.com platform. Must be honest I didn't hear about Mark Ecko before this, and was pleasantly surprised to find a round-peg-in-a-square-hole type of personality. Now the end result of the Run your own business course Mark Ecko presents, is that you have to create your own set of business commandments. This is my effort on it, but more 15 commandments in general than for business;
- The world doesn't owe you anything: Doesn't matter who you are or what you did or who you know. Be grateful for anything and everything because the only difference between you and someone who has nothing, is luck.
- Not to be an asshole, ever: It is only a matter of time that you will be left without a seat at the end of the game. And don't expect help if you've been an asshole the times you where lucky enough to get a seat.
- Make up your mind about what you are: The biggest part of humans go through their life living others dreams. Don't do that, because you will never be happy living someone else dream.
- Not have regrets: Once again, only possible if you're not living someone else dream.
- We are all looking for happiness, don’t let your decisions impact others own pursuit in a negative way: Recon this comes down to not being an asshole, again. But at the end of the day, you will need others support and appreciations of your own dreams for you to reach them.
- Help other succeed: You should look after yourself, but your focus should be others wellbeing.
- Take time to enjoy without always wanting to fix things: Sometimes you just need to let go and be part of the moment. Or like Robbin Williams said in Goodwill Hunting, we tend to see these things as imperfections, but they really are the good stuff in life.
- See imperfection as an opportunity to make the world better: Yes, this does contradict the previous point. But should only be focused on if it will make the world a better place in the process and not take away from the experience.
- Read because the world is vast and fascinating place: We can travel anywhere and at least for a short moment, see the world from the eyes of another person just by reading a book.
- There is nothing you need to change, do, be or have in order to be happy: Happiness is hidden in the last place we look for it. Not in the deepest ocean or the highest mountain, but inside of us.
- It is the energy of happiness that attracts the good things into our lives: They say people who carry guns, attract other people with guns. Be careful who and what you attract to your life.
- Make the circumstances you want: Your environment shapes who you are.
- The world is what you think it is: If you think it sucks, it will most probably suck.
- There's nowhere for you to get to - you’re just here: Appreciate the here and now, because that is all there really is.
- To have succeeded is to have finished one’s business on earth: Life is about the story, not finding the ending.
Happiness is hidden in the last place we look for it. Not in the deepest ocean or the highest mountain, but inside of us.
What does the commandments you live your life by look like...